VCP5 is now live! Be among the first to earn the newest certification and validate your skills on VMware’s latest release.
Learn more and reserve your seat today. As the demand for IT professionals with datacenter virtualization skills increases, it is essential to distinguish yourself in the market with a certification that validates your technical capabilities. Becoming a VMware Certified Professional does just that.
This industry-recognized certification requires completion of a VMware-authorized training course and hands-on experience with VMware technologies. Achieving the VCP certification confirms that you have the education needed to successfully install, deploy, scale and manage VMware vSphere environments, as well as the skills obtained by a minimum of six months experience with VMware infrastructure technologies.
The VMware Certified Professional – Desktop (VCP-DT) is directed toward Virtualization Systems Engineers who seek to demonstrate their ability to install and configure the VMware View environment and enable View Client users. Candidates must be able to configure the vSphere environment, possess a deep understanding of VMware core components and their relation to storage and networking, and be proficient in datacenter design methodologies.
The following VMware courses are recommended for VCP5-DT exam preparation but are not required :
- VMware View: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]
- VMware View: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.1]
- Application Virtualization with VMware ThinApp
- VMware View: Design Best Practices [V5.0]
VMware Certified Professional 5 – Desktop benefits include :
- recognition in the industry.
- official transcripts.
- use of the “VMware Certified Professional 5 - Desktop” logo on business cards and Web site.
- invitation to participate in beta classes and exams.
- inclusion into an exclusive Desktop Community.
At the end of the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.1] course, you should gain an understanding of the functionality in VMware vSphere 4 and be able to :
- Install and configure ESX or ESXi
- Install and configure vCenter Server components
- Configure and manage ESX/ESXi networking and storage using vCenter Server
- Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines
- Manage user access to the VMware infrastructure
- Use vCenter Server to monitor resource usage
- Use vCenter Server to increase scalability
- Use VMware vCenter Update Manager to apply ESX/ESXi patches
- Use vCenter Server to manage higher availability and data protection
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to VMware Virtualization
- Configuring ESXi/ESX
- Installing and Using VMware vCenter Server
- Virtual Machines
- Access Control
- Resource Monitoring
- High Availability and Data Protection
- Configuration Management
- Installing ESX
- Willingness to participate in a demanding, high-intensity training experience
- Experience of System administration on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
- Comfort with system administration using command-line interfaces
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional on vSphere 4 - Datacenter Administration – VCAP Training